Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SCORE!

I have a great idea for a patent...at least my family thinks so. I need an engineer to work with me on the design. I think I know how to proceed, but what if I overlook a problem or an opportunity?

I called SCORE, the Service Corps of Retired Executives.

How SCORE Works


SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small business start, grow and succeed nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

SCORE has 364 chapters and 12,400 volunteers throughout the United States and its territories. Both working and retired executives and business owners donate time and expertise as business counselors.

My appointment is next week. Even if my idea is not the huge success we all hope for, it's fun to dream. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Here's how to find SCORE Offices near you.

No comments: