Monday, September 15, 2008

Edward Tufte and I...

You know how when the radio station has a contest, no one who has won a contest in the last 30 days is allowed to participate?

I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has run out on the Wetpaint.com website design contest I won in 2006. Today I learned that I have won an all day course with Edward Tufte, the man who wrote The Visual Display of Quantitative Information.

Although the people at The Hired Guns have never yet found me a job, they do occasionally announce intriguing contests. I won the two above thanks to their email bulletins.

I have admired Tufte's work ever since my ex asked for it after seeing it advertised in Scientific American. Who could forget Tufte's eloquent graph of Napoleon's troops dying en route back from Russia?

I look forward to learning how to present my own information more compellingly. Please look for more information over the weekend.

No comments: