Thursday, April 1, 2010

I wish I'd written that ad

I could not take my eyes off the ad last night, and I watched the commercials hoping it would play again. It featured a racially-ambiguous woman boasting about her white pants and fabulous hair, and I had to wait till the very end to find out which feminine hygiene product she was selling.

Kotex. Kotex? My grandmother used Kotex.

I'm having computer problems this morning or I would research this further, but I believe Kotex was the first commercially-available feminine hygiene product. Kimberly-Clark or their predecessors introduced it after the success of disposable bandages during World War I.

Apparently the brand has reinvented itself. Whoever wrote that ad must have had a lot of fun with it. I envy them. I am actually looking forward to trying it out.

No April Fool joke here.

No comments: