Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Harlan Ellison Blasts Amateur Writers

Ann Brenoff at WalletPop.com reports that increasing numbers of employers expect people to work for free to get their feet in the door. She also reports on a backlash, not only from the Department of Labor, but also from professionals such as author Harlan Ellison.

Ellison "calls writers who work for nothing "amateurs" and says they make it tough for the professionals," according to Brenoff's paraphrase.

I'm honored to be quoted in the same article as Ellison. If you scroll down to the very bottom, there I am, recommending a Craigslist posting that I found hilarious.

As I look for more of my own freelance work, you will probably see a few more pieces here about "internship" violating the Fair Labor Standards Act.

No comments: