Monday, January 31, 2011

How to designate a "best answer" on LinkedIn

"How do you pick a best answer on LinkedIn?"  the man asked me.

I'd answered his LinkedIn question.  He wrote to tell me how he'd decided to use the information that answerers like me had given him.  I reminded him that people liked the "best answer" badges, and that somebody would appreciate it if he chose their answer as "best."  So he wanted to know how to do that.

And, you know, I couldn't find anything in the help guides about it.

This morning I've closed my very first LinkedIn question.  I can tell you authoritatively how to designate the best answer to your question.

  • Go to My Q&A.
  • Select the question.
  • Click "close question."  When you do that, LinkedIn will ask:

  • Close Question: Select Good Answers
  • Select all of the answers that are “good.” If you choose just one, that answer will also be marked “best.”
If one of the responses is clearly outstanding, mark it as the "best."  That person will get an "expert" badge on her or his profile. 
 
If you have useful information from several people, mark each of those answers as "good." They don't get badges, but they do know how much you appreciated their contributions. 
 
When you choose several good answers and click "close question" LinkedIn will ask again


  • Below are the answers you marked as “good.” Please select one as the best answer.


 Go ahead, I say.  Choose a best answer.  Make someone's day.
 
 

 

 


 

No comments: