Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BBQ with NSAIDs

A bike ride would be a great way to improve my cardiovascular fitness, I thought. So yesterday Lloyd and I rode through the Great Swamp.

Until the last hill I felt powerful and fit. I communed with nature, reveling in the scent of the haymow, and spotting a red fox. My own cries clashed with the the bird songs, however, when I wiped out descending the Third Watchung Ridge along Fairmount Avenue heading down to River Road in Chatham Township.

Thank God I wore a helmet or I would have serious road rash on my face(!) I enjoyed Lloyd's savory Memorial Day barbecue with generous portions of aspirin and Tylenol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is now six days after Kat's wipeout. Wow, I married a really tough lady. She didn’t cry or scream, even when I cleaned her wounds with 30% dihydrogen dioxide solution. Kat is much better now and I’m hoping this didn’t scare her away from cycling with me.
Lloyd Ploense