Tuesday, May 27, 2008

News pyramid

Here in New Jersey we get play-by-play coverage of the sordid McGreevey custody hearings. Only by accident did I chance upon a brief in the Star-Ledger this morning about Nepal planning to depose its monarch, King Gyanendra.

I've been divorced. I am as titillated as anyone else to see how low Jim 'n' Dina can sink. But that should be the fats and sugars in my news pyramid, to be consumed sparingly.

The mainstay of my news diet, the vegetables and whole grains, should be events that concern 29 million people at a time, even if they live halfway around the world from me and are desperately poor.

Paris 'n' Britney are the trans fats. They clog the arteries of my brains.

For more information about Nepal, please visit the Friends of Nepal-New Jersey website.

No comments: