Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just Wondering about the SuperBowl

The guys I work with talk about football all the time. I understand that I am not the only person with no interest whatsoever in watching football but who still watches the SuperBowl for the ads, especially if the snacks are good enough.

Besides, I didn't want to schedule a social occasion that might conflict with the big night. So back in December when I was filling out the 2009 calendar, I asked the football fan in the house when it was. "I don't know," he said.

So I asked the guys at work. None of them knew.

In case you're wondering now, I looked it up online at Superbowl.com. It appears to be February 1.

But what is it about the football fans? How come none of them knew when their big game was, the night of the biggest annual simultaneous toilet-flush and post-game domestic violence? Do they wait for their favorite tournament to sneak up and bite them on the butt?

Just wondering.

No comments: