Thursday, January 29, 2009

SEO and PR

I really would appreciate your feedback on this question. Maybe I am not rubbing elbows with enough, or the right kind of, people.

But what I am finding, by and large, is that people who understand SEO do not understand PR and what it does. The ones with the best grasp of Web 2.0 stuff don't understand how the edited media work.

Is that a gross oversimplification? The reason I ask is that I would like to give a speech to PR professionals about SEO. I want to tell them that if they can learn about SEO they will have a huge advantage over the current SEO experts.

But I don't want to tell them that if it is inaccurate. Of course, there is always a person here or there who masters both. But in your experience, in general, do you find it to be true?

2 comments:

Andy said...

May be true.... Some of the people doesn't know what is PR mean Page Ranking. Thanks for information.
seo services

Lysistrata said...

That's what I get for writing with initials! Andy, when I wrote "PR" I meant "public relations," not "PageRank." What you wrote is a good example of people being unaware of the process of public relations these days. Thanks for visiting.