Monday, March 7, 2011

Skirting Reproduction Issues

About those family photos I wrote about in the previous post, I just had a devious idea.  If I donate the whole box of photos to the Summit Historical Society, I'm sure that they'll grant me reproduction rights to the two or three I want.  Then their provenance on eBay becomes irrelevant.  :)

I found lots of interesting illustrations, including the ad below, at the Historical Society.  When possible, I do follow up.  In this case, PSE&G was kind enough to permit me to use their images and recipes however I wanted in the cookbook.

I do try to observe the proprieties, but what kind of a researcher would I be if I gave up immediately and said, "Oh, I'll probably never be authorized to use that?"

For one thing, the cookbook wouldn't have as many pictures.  Remember, order your advance copy now for $20.

No comments: