Tuesday, June 24, 2008

$500 Carbon Offset Package for Wiki Site

If you create the millionth wiki site on Wetpaint.com, you will win a $500 value carbon offset package. If you mention me as your referrer when you sign up, so will I.

I often recommend Wetpaint.com as a great way for people to learn to create a website. You use their templates to create the site. You can create a very simple site if you use commands similar to composing an email. If you enjoy it as much as I do, you will soon teach yourself to dress it up, adding pictures, sound clips and fancy formatting.

You can't beat the price--it's free. I gained my confidence by creating a Wetpaint.com website. Every skill I acquired, I have used later in creating other sites. (And I still use the iPod I won in their website design contest.) I have now created three Wetpaint.com sites. This is my favorite.)

Here is the fine print on the prize:
ABOUT THE THANK-YOU PACKAGES: Wetpaint will offset the approximate annual emissions of the average U.S. home (25,210 lbs. of CO2), the average U.S. vehicle (8,403 lbs. of CO2), and 50,419 lbs.of CO2 of emissions of the organization of choice of the millionth site creator and referrer, if eligible, for a total value of $500 per package. Applying offsets to be provided by Terrapass.

More information

If you want to start a site, but you have questions about how to do it, I will be happy to help you.

No comments: